Windows Registry Dump

Dirk Hagemann

Hi!

Does someone know how I can make a Text-Dump-File of a remote
Windows-Computer's Registry (not the whole registry - only a part of
it)?

Thanks a lot for some code or a helpful link!

regards
Dirk

Diez B. Roggisch

Dirk said:
Hi!

Does someone know how I can make a Text-Dump-File of a remote
Windows-Computer's Registry (not the whole registry - only a part of
it)?

Thanks a lot for some code or a helpful link!

I suggest you try asking the darker side of the internet - after all,
accessing the registry remotely and all possibly privacy and security
related issues that is of utmost importance to crackers and hackers.
BackOrifice and your average Trojan spring into mind - maybe for a small
fee the allow you to piggyback your (surely good-intended!) code on theirs!

Diez

olsongt

Dirk said:
Hi!

Does someone know how I can make a Text-Dump-File of a remote
Windows-Computer's Registry (not the whole registry - only a part of
it)?

Thanks a lot for some code or a helpful link!

regards
Dirk

the win32api module has a bunch of Reg* functions that let you do this.

Fredrik Lundh

the win32api module has a bunch of Reg* functions that let you do this.

most (all?) of which are also available in the _winreg module in the
standard distribution.

</F>

Dirk Hagemann

@Diez: I'm not trying to hack into somebody's computer - it is about
collecting data from my company's anti-virus-parent-server. And all the
information is only available in the registry (thanks Symantec...).

@Tim, olso and Fredrik: THANKS - I will have a closer look at these
modules.

regards
Dirk