windows + rhtml, dead simple, need suggestions

Steve Conover

Hi everyone,

I've googled around a little bit for this, but I wanted to get others'
opinions on the simplest setup to accomplish the following:

something (probably a webserver) runs as a windows service, that allows
me to serve rhtml files on some port.

I started going down the road of Apache2 + one of the many
apache<->ruby schemes, but there are many options out there, and I
haven't come across anything REALLY simple.

Suggestions? (I'm not really interested in deploying Rails for this by
the way. I just need to write a couple of rhtml files, and want to
leave behind VERY simple instructions to serving these things thru some
sort of windows service).

Thanks,
Steve

Steve Conover

Maybe a better way to ask this is, what's the simplest possible
Apache/Windows/rhtml setup I could build?

Webrick is problematic as well, it seems like one out of every three
requests just doesn't get served.

-Steve

Steve said:
Sure, but I have to do a few backflips to install it as a windows
service.

That might be ok in the end, I'm just wondering what some of my other
alternatives are.
Steve said:
Suggestions?

Webrick [http://www.webrick.org] is your friend.