    what tool do I need and how to?

    TIA
    Al.

    Al, Jul 2, 2005

  2. Al wrote:
    > I Know this is the wrong group to ask but you never know some one out
    > there might have the answer.

    So you took a chance that somebody might have the answer instead of posting
    to a relevant newsgroup (such as .scripting.vbscript) where you would
    guarantee finding somebody who knows.

    > Does any one know how to compile windows script.?

    No. It's not possible. If you need a compiled program, then you need to
    write the program in a compilable language.

    > what tool do I need and how to?

    I suggest using Visual Basic. It should be fairly trivial to convert
    vbscript into VB. There's only a few vbscript features that don't exist in
    VB. There's an article on this topic in the vbscript documentation (
    http://tinyurl.com/7rk6 ).

    Of course, if you are asking about jscript, all bets are off. (My guess is
    that the easiest route to compliability would be to rewrite it in Java)

    Bob Barrows
    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jul 2, 2005

  3. Al

    Al Guest

    Thanks much for the input, But unfortunate VB won't do the job. what I 'm
    trying to accomplish here is protect my work and thought about compiling it
    I use lots of windows script along with my ASP Coding building component
    etc, I found WINBATCH but what it does it creates an stand-alone .exe that
    don't do me any good under IIS for the web I guess the best choice is learn
    ..NET C# and work from there but I am too old for that so I just let other
    steal my code, script etc because there is nothing secured anyway on the
    web.

    Thank you again for the input
    Take care.
    Al

    Al, Jul 3, 2005
  4. Al

    Bob Lehmann Guest

    So, because you're "too old" to learn something suitable for the task at
    hand, you've chosen to whine about the technologies that can accomplish the
    task?

    Oh, boo-hoo, my horse is just unacceptable downtown. How can I drive a car
    without actually learning how to drive. I'm too old for that.

    Bob Lehmann

    Bob Lehmann, Jul 3, 2005
  5. Gee, then why not ask in newsgroups about BMWs, basket-weaving or linux?
    And maybe you could post a bulletin at your local church, laundromat or
    trade school?

    Aaron Bertrand [SQL Server MVP], Jul 6, 2005
  6. Al

    Roland Hall Guest

    It's a rough crowd...

    "Al" wrote in message news:...
    : Thanks much for the input, But unfortunate VB won't do the job.

    You wrote it in vbscript, did you not and VB is unable to do what vbscript
    can do?

    : what I 'm trying to accomplish here is protect my work

    Translation. What you're trying to accomplish is to get something for
    nothing to keep others from getting your something for nothing.

    : and thought about compiling it

    So, what's wrong with VB.NET?

    : I use lots of windows script

    Windows script as in WSH or VBScript?

    : along with my ASP Coding building component
    : etc, I found WINBATCH but what it does it creates an stand-alone .exe
    : that don't do me any good under IIS for the web

    You believe executables cannot be used on the web?

    : I guess the best choice is learn
    : .NET C# and work from there

    So, C# is your answer to protected vbscript code that VB.NET cannot
    accomplish.

    : but I am too old for that so I just let other
    : steal my code,

    Don't think of it as stealing. Think of it as sharing.

    : script etc because there is nothing secured anyway on the
    : web.

    If you truly believe that nothing is secure, this was just an exercise in
    futility.

    : Thank you again for the input

    Thanks for putting the answer before the question.

    --
    Roland Hall
    or fitness for a particular purpose. */

    Roland Hall, Jul 6, 2005