winternl.h compile error

Gabriel

Hi,

I downloaded the last platform sdk which works with vc++ 6 (February
2003): http://www.microsoft.com/msdownload/platformsdk/sdkupdate/psdk-full.htm

However im getting a strange error when i compile. what i do is the
following:

- Run this shortcut from the start menu to set variables: Set Windows
XP 32-bit Build Environment (Retail).lnk

- Open vc++ 6 and create a new Win32 Simple Application

- Include winternl.h

This is the code:

#include "stdafx.h"
#include <winternl.h>

int APIENTRY WinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance, HINSTANCE hPrevInstance,
LPSTR lpCmdLine, int nCmdShow) {
PROCESS_BASIC_INFORMATION p;
return 0;
}

When compiling i get these errors:

error C2065: 'PROCESS_BASIC_INFORMATION' : undeclared identifier
error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'p'
error C2065: 'p' : undeclared identifier

The include is done correctly but still that (and any) member from the
header isn't recognized.
If i use other headers (just tried a couple) everything works fine.

Any ideas?

Gabriel

My idea is that you should ask in a Windows programming group.
is a very good one.

Nether of these headers is part of the C++ language, they are all
Windows specific extensions.  Non-standard extensions are off-topic
here.

--
Jack Klein
Home:http://JK-Technology.Com

OK, thank you for the advice, I'll do that and sorry for asking in the
wrong group.