wit's end

Keith Thompson

Your Uncle said:
"Michael Mair" [...]
Could you please can this drivel and your childish demeanour?

Try to concentrate on C when writing to comp.lang.c and please,
please do not try to be funny.
Stay with one alias -- I don't care whether it's the original m.,
"frank silvermann", "joe smith", or "furunculus, inventor of the
any key".

Half of your mistakes exhibited here throughout the last month
could have been avoided if you'd just really read the answers
you get and think thoroughly about them.
One thing about clc is that we write. This writing goes through a
newsreader to at least one server to another newsreader. Already the
potential for miscommunication is high. And writing is personal, even [snip]
like she did yesterday, I promise no invectives to clc, but pull_the_plug()
and go play poker. gruss, furunculus

I presume that "Your Uncle" is yet another pseudonym for the same
person "Frank Silvermann" or "Joe Smith".

You are being deliberately obnoxious. Please knock it off. Since I
strongly suspect that you're the only person who finds this
entertaining, you'll save a lot of bandwidth by e-mailing it only to
yourself.

We're trying to discuss the C programming language here. If you
insist on posting irrelevant drivel, at least have the common courtesy
to use a single consistent name so you can be efficiently killfiled.

Some of us, myself included, occasionally post little jokes here. But
please note that (a) we keep it short, (b) the jokes are actually
funny, and (c) frankly, we've earned the privilege by posting large
volumes of useful and topical information.

Old Wolf

Frank said:
Since it gave me the same error, I'm going to assume that I'm the
subject of a practical joke or a guy who needs to stop looking at a
screen and dine. As an Englishman, you might not know how the rest of
look forward to putting something in our mouths that tastes better than
sand, and that our failure to continue working has a POSITIVE Pavlonian
response, but you can certainly see that I've reached the point of
diminishing returns as it regards syntax. cheers, frank

If you weren't smoking so much crack, then your brain
may have been able to tell you that it would be a good
idea to actually read the error message you are getting.

If you had done so, you would have noticed that the error
was on line 29. Line 29 is:

pass_pointer_triv(int *a)

Functions in C must be defined to have a return type.
You got this correct in your prototype. Change this line
to be:

int *pass_pointer_triv(int *a)

and lay off the drugs.