    statusbar (IE8), but when I view the source code the absolute URL is nowhere
    to be seen. I specify URL like this ~/Default.aspx

    what you suggest when the goal is to move up in the rankings?
    Jeff, Jan 30, 2010

  2. On Jan 30, 4:02 pm, "Jeff" <> wrote:
    > hi
    >
    > asp.net 3.5
    >
    > I wonder if I should use absolute url in internal linking on my site. The
    > goal is that I want my site to move up on the rankings.
    > When I hover over internal links on my site I see the absolute URL in the
    > statusbar (IE8), but when I view the source code the absolute URL is nowhere
    > to be seen. I specify URL like this ~/Default.aspx
    >
    > what you suggest when the goal is to move up in the rankings?

    No, you shouldn't, for the simple reason that the search engine does
    the same as IE's status bar. It recognizes relative/absolute URLs and
    does conversion when necessary.
    Alexey Smirnov, Jan 30, 2010

  3. Jeff wrote:
    > asp.net 3.5
    >
    > The goal is that I want my site to move up on the rankings.

    As a related topic, you might be interested in the "Search Engine
    Optimization Toolkit":

    http://www.iis.net/expand/SEOToolkit

    --
    Andrew
    Andrew Morton, Feb 1, 2010
  4. On Feb 1, 11:42 am, "Andrew Morton" <>
    wrote:
    > Jeff wrote:
    > > asp.net 3.5

    > > The goal is that I want my site to move up on the rankings.

    > As a related topic, you might be interested in the "Search Engine
    > Optimization Toolkit":
    >
    > http://www.iis.net/expand/SEOToolkit
    >
    > --
    > Andrew