working with forms

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Sam Carleton, Apr 6, 2004.

  1. Sam Carleton

    Sam Carleton Guest

    Ok, have posted here before, but as a refresher, I have 8 years
    experience as a C/C++ Windows developer. Currently I am working on my
    first real web site using ASP.Net. I must admit that so far it has been
    a lot of fun, but the way one must thing about things is very different
    from what I know and love:)

    Ok, I have worked though the "Walkthrough: Validating User Input in a
    Web Forms Page" and have my form, now I need to do something with the
    data. The form is a simple request form. I would like to email the
    contents to an email account and to display the data entered back on the
    same page, without the form showing up.

    I am currently using a standard HTML table to contain all the web form
    controls. I am guessing that there is some way to set the HTML table's
    visibility state to false. Am I right? If this is not the correct
    approach, what approach should I take?

    This is only phase one of this page. The next phase is going to call
    for the page to contain a tab control with two tabs, one for this
    request form and another to display data. Something like this page
    <http://tinyurl.com/2podh> with the Accessories, Features,
    Specifications, and Items Includes. I have a feeling that it will be up
    to me to handle the tabs, which I can figure out, just more navigation.
    My concern is the content, how do I control the content in the box in
    ASP.Net?

    Thanks for the help!
    Sam

    Sam Carleton, Apr 6, 2004