Working with offline web pages

Discussion in 'HTML and CSS' started by haggis36, Jun 24, 2009.

  1. haggis36

    haggis36

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Hi All,

    My company uses a series of offline webpages to deliver important technical information to engineers, all pages are linked through a series of menus and hyperlinks, just the same as a website, all be it offline.
    Everything is included in a monthly DVD that is uploaded to engineers laptops.

    Is there a way to work with an access database using an offline search and offline results page. Where an engineer would enter in a part no. and they would get the result telling them if the part is in stock. The database would be located within the local site i.e with the DVD that is uploaded monthly.

    Everything that I have looked at so far requires the database to be on a server. However this is not possible as the laptops are restricted and will not be able to connect to the internet. Everything would have to be done locally.

    I have been using dreamweaver to build all the web pages so far.

    Any help or links to helpful documents would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks in Advance

    Haggis36 8)
    haggis36, Jun 24, 2009