    and textarea on another page. how am i to send the text from one from
    to the other form?

    if someone could help me i would be gratefil.
    Mainard, May 10, 2005

  2. Mainard

    marktm Guest

    Try this:

    <script>
    function copyValue(){
    document.form2.text1.value = document.form1.text1.value
    }
    </script>

    1. Enter text in this textarea:
    <form name="form1">
    <textarea name="text1">

    </textarea>
    </form>

    2. Click here...
    <form>
    <input type="button" value="copy value" onClick="copyValue();">
    </form>

    3. your text will be copied to this textarea
    <form name="form2">
    <textarea name="text1">

    </textarea>
    </form>
    marktm, May 10, 2005

  3. Mainard

    Mainard Guest

    Sorry, but the forms I was talkking about are on different pages
    I am trying to make a message borad
    unless i need to replace document with the name of my page?
    Mainard, May 10, 2005
  4. Mainard

    Matthew Lock Guest

    You are going to need some server side script or programs to make a
    message board, such as perl, php or asp.
    Matthew Lock, May 10, 2005
  5. Mainard

    marktm Guest

    Details...LOL