World Longest Palindrome

Mabden

pemo said:
Just a note ... I didn't mean anything bad, and indeed, I think (although
I've never been diagnosed) I may be dreadfully dyslexic myself - in my
thinking, writing and esp. my spelling - where I can't usually tell whether
a word is spelled right or wrong for the life of me.

Not quite the same thing. A dyslexic thinks they are writing the same
thing as everyone else, I believe.
Write d-o-g: odg!

It just doesn't "fire" in the correct order. Maybe they are
"overclocked" and the first letter has a lag-time that the rest of the
letters don't have... [Mabden's Dyslexic Prognosis] Perhaps we can
install a "POST Beep"-type device that lets them know they are running
ahead of themselves.

I don't know much about this problem, but does anyone know if it is
related to ADD, etc. I see people like Tom Arnold who have it, and his
attention span is 1-3 seconds.

I also see people who post to the Internet, and post angry posts (why I
see so mnay angry posts, I can't say)!

Mabden

Dik T. Winter said:
Dan Hoey, who had recently graduated, wrote a C program to look for and
construct the following beauty:

There are a few errors here. It is not recently that Dan Hoey did graduate.
Second, I do not think that he wrote a program to find the palindrome.
Third, the most beautiful palindrome (in my opinion) was the following
program (back to C) from 1987:

/**/char q='"',*a="*//**/char q='%c',*a=%c%s%c*/};)]d-062[b=]d[b(
rahctup)--d(elihw;)q,a,q,q,2+a,b(ftnirps{)(niam;162=d tni;]162[b,"
,b[261];int d=261;main(){sprintf(b,a+2,q,q,a,q);while(d--)putchar
(b[d]=b[260-d]);}/*c%s%c%=a*,'c%'=q rahc/**//*"=a*,'"'=q rahc/**/

Join the lines together to get a single line, remove the trailing new
line, compile, run and be amazed. (And, yes, 1987, so K&R C.)[/b]
[b=]

Yeah, well... too lazy; just tell me what it does.[/b]

Mabden

Joe Wright said:
Mabden said:
[...]

I had a great "Fly United" T-shirt in high school. It showed two ducks
flying and fucking, but very discreetly. I wore it all the time until my
sister told my mom what it was. It was pretty worn out by then, but she
threw it in the trash...

KetoBaseReviews
Top