    advertising their channel than the programs. Hardly any useful
    information given.

    www.nick.com

    richard, Jan 6, 2008

  2. richard

    Halloway Guest

    richard carefully considered the situation and wrote:
    > Just for fun I wanted to see what the nickolodean channel site was
    > like.
    > What a bunch of crap.
    > Any page you click on, it's bedridden with advertising, javascript,
    > flash, and other garbage.

    'bedridden'?

    Halloway, Jan 6, 2008

  3. richard

    Neredbojias Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sun, 06 Jan 2008 16:07:14 GMT
    richard scribed:

    > Just for fun I wanted to see what the nickolodean channel site was
    > like.
    > What a bunch of crap.
    > Any page you click on, it's bedridden with advertising, javascript,
    > flash, and other garbage.
    > I just wanted to see what they had on zoey101. The show Jamie Lynn
    > Spears does.
    > What'd I get? The same damn crap.
    > Somehow they managed to work in space for a little video that barely
    > even features the gal. It seems to me they're more interested in
    > advertising their channel than the programs. Hardly any useful
    > information given.
    >
    > www.nick.com

    There're a lot of commercial sites like that out there, -crap sites whose
    funders don't have clue one on how to market their product or service well
    using the Internet (-or, probably, any medium). Get used to it because
    these dummies are self-replicating and have been around a long time.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Riches are their own reward.

    Neredbojias, Jan 6, 2008
  4. Halloway wrote:
    > richard carefully considered the situation and wrote:
    >> Just for fun I wanted to see what the nickolodean channel site was
    >> like.
    >> What a bunch of crap.
    >> Any page you click on, it's bedridden with advertising, javascript,
    >> flash, and other garbage.

    > 'bedridden'?

    Think he means "be ridden" but I would say "rife" is a better word.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Jan 6, 2008
  5. On Sun, 06 Jan 2008 11:58:29 -0500, Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    > Halloway wrote:
    >> richard carefully considered the situation and wrote:
    >>> Just for fun I wanted to see what the nickolodean channel site was
    >>> like.
    >>> What a bunch of crap.
    >>> Any page you click on, it's bedridden with advertising, javascript,
    >>> flash, and other garbage.

    >> 'bedridden'?

    > Think he means "be ridden" but I would say "rife" is a better word.

    besotted, perhaps? :)

    Jonesy

    Allodoxaphobia, Jan 6, 2008
  6. On Jan 6, 11:07 am, richard <> wrote:
    > Just for fun I wanted to see what the nickolodean channel site was
    > like.
    > What a bunch of crap.

    Are you a 10-12 year old girl or boy? That is who they are trying to
    attract and apparently they are doing it well.

    Travis Newbury, Jan 6, 2008
  7. On Jan 6, 11:54 am, Neredbojias <> wrote:
    > There're a lot of commercial sites like that out there, -crap sites whose
    > funders don't have clue one on how to market their product or service well
    > using the Internet (-or, probably, any medium).

    How can you say that? Do you have access to the nick financials? The
    site may be crap to you, but apparently since other entertainment
    sites are headed in the same direction I would say that maybe they DO
    know what they are doing.
    You just don't happen to like it.

    > Get used to it because
    > these dummies are self-replicating and have been around a long time.

    I jumped on that bandwagon several years ago, and never looked back.

    Travis Newbury, Jan 6, 2008
  8. richard

    Neredbojias Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sun, 06 Jan 2008 23:38:24
    GMT Travis Newbury scribed:

    > On Jan 6, 11:54 am, Neredbojias <> wrote:
    >> There're a lot of commercial sites like that out there, -crap sites
    >> whose funders don't have clue one on how to market their product or
    >> service well using the Internet (-or, probably, any medium).

    > How can you say that?

    In English, Pig-Latin, and pseudo-Australian.

    > Do you have access to the nick financials?

    Nope. They didn't want my dim.

    > The
    > site may be crap to you, but apparently since other entertainment
    > sites are headed in the same direction I would say that maybe they DO
    > know what they are doing.
    > You just don't happen to like it.

    Are we discussing the same thing? My remark was aimed at sites with
    excessive and gimmicky advertising, not the adolescent bells-and-whistles
    you perhaps are defending.

    >> Get used to it because
    >> these dummies are self-replicating and have been around a long time.

    > I jumped on that bandwagon several years ago, and never looked back.

    Afraid of turning to stone, eh? Careful no perv sneaks up on you with
    backward intentions.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Riches are their own reward.

    Neredbojias, Jan 7, 2008
  9. richard

    Jeff Guest

    richard wrote:
    > Just for fun I wanted to see what the nickolodean channel site was
    > like.
    > What a bunch of crap.
    > Any page you click on, it's bedridden with advertising, javascript,
    > flash, and other garbage.

    Actually it's pretty slick.

    Incredible triad complementary color scheme. Nice amounts of white
    space, and a rather traditional navigation layout.

    The most creative flash ads I've ever seen. And the ads are so tightly
    integrated into the site that they have to label them as ads. Visually
    its rather fascinating and its well targeted to selling crap to 10 year
    olds (on a high speed connection) with a lot of eye candy. The Video
    Game generation.

    It's not a site for adults and it's not a site for every browser. It
    shouldn't have taken you long to figure that out!

    > I just wanted to see what they had on zoey101. The show Jamie Lynn
    > Spears does.

    Google it like an adult:

    <URLL: http://television.aol.com/show/zoey-101/158237/main />

    Rerun, surprised?

    Jeff

    Jeff, Jan 7, 2008
  10. richard

    FFMG Guest

    Travis Newbury;112421 Wrote:
    > On Jan 6, 11:07 am, richard <> wrote:
    > > Just for fun I wanted to see what the nickolodean channel site was
    > > like.
    > > What a bunch of crap.

    > Are you a 10-12 year old girl or boy? That is who they are trying to
    > attract and apparently they are doing it well.

    I think you have hit the nail on the head here.
    For the target audience it is a well designed site.

    Maybe a bit too much advertising, but otherwise ok.

    FFMG

    --

    'webmaster forum' (http://www.httppoint.com) | 'Free Blogs'
    (http://www.journalhome.com/) | 'webmaster Directory'

    FFMG, Jan 7, 2008
  11. On Jan 7, 12:31 am, Neredbojias <> wrote:
    > Afraid of turning to stone, eh? Careful no perv sneaks up on you with
    > backward intentions.

    ha, story of my life...

    Travis Newbury, Jan 7, 2008