world's worst promo site?

richard

Just for fun I wanted to see what the nickolodean channel site was
like.
What a bunch of crap.
Any page you click on, it's bedridden with advertising, javascript,
flash, and other garbage.
I just wanted to see what they had on zoey101. The show Jamie Lynn
Spears does.
What'd I get? The same damn crap.
Somehow they managed to work in space for a little video that barely
even features the gal. It seems to me they're more interested in
advertising their channel than the programs. Hardly any useful
information given.

www.nick.com

Halloway

richard said:
Just for fun I wanted to see what the nickolodean channel site was
like.
What a bunch of crap.
Any page you click on, it's bedridden with advertising, javascript,
flash, and other garbage.

'bedridden'?

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sun, 06 Jan 2008 16:07:14 GMT
richard scribed:
Just for fun I wanted to see what the nickolodean channel site was
like.
What a bunch of crap.
Any page you click on, it's bedridden with advertising, javascript,
flash, and other garbage.
I just wanted to see what they had on zoey101. The show Jamie Lynn
Spears does.
What'd I get? The same damn crap.
Somehow they managed to work in space for a little video that barely
even features the gal. It seems to me they're more interested in
advertising their channel than the programs. Hardly any useful
information given.

www.nick.com

There're a lot of commercial sites like that out there, -crap sites whose
funders don't have clue one on how to market their product or service well
using the Internet (-or, probably, any medium). Get used to it because
these dummies are self-replicating and have been around a long time.

Travis Newbury

Just for fun I wanted to see what the nickolodean channel site was
like.
What a bunch of crap.

Are you a 10-12 year old girl or boy? That is who they are trying to
attract and apparently they are doing it well.

Travis Newbury

There're a lot of commercial sites like that out there, -crap sites whose
funders don't have clue one on how to market their product or service well
using the Internet (-or, probably, any medium).

How can you say that? Do you have access to the nick financials? The
site may be crap to you, but apparently since other entertainment
sites are headed in the same direction I would say that maybe they DO
know what they are doing.
You just don't happen to like it.
Get used to it because
these dummies are self-replicating and have been around a long time.

I jumped on that bandwagon several years ago, and never looked back.

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sun, 06 Jan 2008 23:38:24
GMT Travis Newbury scribed:
How can you say that?

In English, Pig-Latin, and pseudo-Australian.
Do you have access to the nick financials?

Nope. They didn't want my dim.
The
site may be crap to you, but apparently since other entertainment
sites are headed in the same direction I would say that maybe they DO
know what they are doing.
You just don't happen to like it.

Are we discussing the same thing? My remark was aimed at sites with
excessive and gimmicky advertising, not the adolescent bells-and-whistles
you perhaps are defending.
I jumped on that bandwagon several years ago, and never looked back.

Afraid of turning to stone, eh? Careful no perv sneaks up on you with
backward intentions.

Jeff

richard said:
Just for fun I wanted to see what the nickolodean channel site was
like.
What a bunch of crap.
Any page you click on, it's bedridden with advertising, javascript,
flash, and other garbage.

Actually it's pretty slick.

Incredible triad complementary color scheme. Nice amounts of white
space, and a rather traditional navigation layout.

The most creative flash ads I've ever seen. And the ads are so tightly
integrated into the site that they have to label them as ads. Visually
its rather fascinating and its well targeted to selling crap to 10 year
olds (on a high speed connection) with a lot of eye candy. The Video
Game generation.

It's not a site for adults and it's not a site for every browser. It
shouldn't have taken you long to figure that out!

I just wanted to see what they had on zoey101. The show Jamie Lynn
Spears does.

Google it like an adult:

<URLL: http://television.aol.com/show/zoey-101/158237/main />

Rerun, surprised?

Jeff

FFMG

Travis said:
Are you a 10-12 year old girl or boy? That is who they are trying to
attract and apparently they are doing it well.

I think you have hit the nail on the head here.
For the target audience it is a well designed site.

Maybe a bit too much advertising, but otherwise ok.

FFMG

--

'webmaster forum' (http://www.httppoint.com) | 'Free Blogs'
(http://www.journalhome.com/) | 'webmaster Directory'