Write DLL

Guest

Hi, all,

I’m newbie in .net, does any expert help me on the following questions? Thanks

I have a DLL file wrote in Visual C++ 6.0 for sending message from one
server to the other server, and I would use asp.net to write the interface
for user. Looks I can’t use “Add reference†to add that DLL on my asp.net
page (I got a error message: "This is not a valid assembly or COM
component.Only assemblies with extension 'dll' and COM components can be
referenced. Please make sure that the file is accessible, and that it is a
valid assembly or COM component.").
If I need to re-write the DLL, which language(C# or C++) is a better
language to write that DLL?

Kevin Spencer

You can create an Interop assembly that wraps the DLL, or you can re-write
the DLL. If you rewrite it, the language makes as much difference to the app
as the language that I'm speaking (English) means to you. IOW, the language
isn't important. It's what the language SAYS that is important. And, of
course, whether you can read/write it.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer