Writing a custom TemplateBuilder

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by jeffkretz@hotmail.com, Aug 12, 2006.

  1. Guest

    This is a real tricky issue, and I'm hoping someone here may have some
    insight.

    I'm building a custom control which, when done, will allow shorthand
    entries in a template to be re-interpreted by the parser as data-bound
    controls.

    For example:

    <itemtemplate>
    </itemtemplate>

    Would be built internally as something with the functional equivalent
    of:

    <itemtemplate>
    "CustomerName") %>" runat="server" /></td>
    </itemtemplate>

    However, to actually make this work, I somehow have to use a custom
    TemplateBuilder, and I wouldn't know where to start. Can anyone point
    me in the right direction? Even if it's only to someone else that
    might be able to answer my questions?

    Thanks,
    JK

    , Aug 12, 2006