Writing decent games in C++ is impossible !!!!!!!

Bruno Beam

C++ is the horror programming language.It takes AGES to write a simple
pong-clone in C++ and even longer to write a real game.

Pascal is much better for writing games!

James Aguilar

Bruno Beam said:
C++ is the horror programming language.It takes AGES to write a simple
pong-clone in C++ and even longer to write a real game.

Pascal is much better for writing games!

Most large scale modern games are written in C++. Please post some of your
work in Pascal and let's see if anyone is impressed by it, yes?

Karl Heinz Buchegger

Bruno said:
C++ is the horror programming language.It takes AGES to write a simple
pong-clone in C++ and even longer to write a real game.

Pascal is much better for writing games!

Fine. Then go away and write in Pascal.
Who cares?

Saurabh Aggrawal

Pascal is much better for writing games!

Could you name a few recent game engines coded in Pascal. Event the
best SDK's for making 3D games are not giving samples in Pascal.

Raymond Martineau

Most large scale modern games are written in C++. Please post some of your
work in Pascal and let's see if anyone is impressed by it, yes?

Watch the crossposting. This troll in particular is keeping track of score
in scot.tld. (In turn, flooding the newsgroup.)

Default User

James said:
Most large scale modern games are written in C++. Please post some
of your work in Pascal and let's see if anyone is impressed by it,
yes?

No, don't. We just had one of these stupid advocacy threads. Completely
pointless.

Brian

Mike Wahler

Bruno Beam said:
C++ is the horror programming language.It takes AGES to write a simple
pong-clone in C++ and even longer to write a real game.

I disagree, but that doesn't matter. ("It's a poor workman
who blames his tools").

Pascal is much better for writing games!

So why are you here? If you like Pascal, why not
visit the Pascal newsgroups instead of trolling here?

-Mike

Mike Wahler

James Aguilar said:
Most large scale modern games are written in C++. Please post some of your
work in Pascal and let's see if anyone is impressed by it, yes?

No, please do *not* post code here in any language other
than C++. Anything else would not be topical.

-Mike

Raymond Martineau wrote:

Watch the crossposting. This troll in particular is keeping track of
score in scot.tld. (In turn, flooding the newsgroup.)

Ah, good point, I'll add that group to my cross-post filters (not that
I have anything against it, you understand, just not one I read).

For those in CLC++ that have the ability to filter cross-posted groups,
I'd suggest doing the same.

Brian

Jack Klein

C++ is the horror programming language.It takes AGES to write a simple
pong-clone in C++ and even longer to write a real game.

Pascal is much better for writing games!

Please don't feed the trolls.

*plonk*

Matthias =?ISO-8859-1?Q?K=E4ppler?=

Jack said:
Please don't feed the trolls.

I wonder why people always think of the mythical creature when speaking of
forum trolling. As far as I know, the term "trolling" in internet forums
has its root in the fishery:

dictionary.com:

trolling:
1. To fish for by trailing a baited line from behind a slowly moving boat.
2. To fish in by trailing a baited line: troll the lake for bass.

A general misconception which doesn't make sense at all, but funny
nonetheless :D

- Matthias