Writing something from one thread into BufferedReader of other Thread possible ???

Peter Blatt

In one thread I am waiting for user console input with the follwoing commands

BufferedReader buf = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(System.in));
option = buf.readLine();

What I want to do now is to simulate from another thread as if the user would have typed something
in. The first thread should recognize that there is something in his buf variable
and start to run (remember the first thread waited for new user input).

How can I implement such a construction ?

Regards
Peter