Writing to a ShowModelessDialog

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Simon Wigzell, Sep 30, 2003.

  1. I am trying to convert a 3rd party javascript date picker to use
    ShowModelessDialog. I have replaced the original window create code :
    /* vWinCal =
    window.open("","Calendar","width=250,height=225,status=no,resizable=no,top=2
    00,left=50"); */

    with the following :

    vWinCal = window.showModelessDialog("","Calendar","dialogHeight: 225px;
    scroll : No; dialogWidth: 250px; dialogTop: 200px; dialogLeft: 50px; edge:
    Raised; center: No; help: No; resizable: No; status: No;");

    The dialog window pops up correctly but the javascript code that is trying
    to write the calendar code to it fails on the first line :

    this.vWinCal.document.open();
    this.wwrite("<html>");
    this.wwrite("<style>");
    this.wwrite("a.controls:link {color : #FFCC00; font-size : 10pt;}");
    etc.

    just before trying to write the calendar html code to the dialog. Everything
    works fine before my change, All I have changed is the window create code
    above. The error message is : Access is denied.

    How does one modify the open and write code for a modeless dialog? Thanks!

    Simon Wigzell, Sep 30, 2003