    write to $lastrow+1. Does anyone have an idea how I can do this?
    Thanks
    FSD

    FSD, Feb 19, 2005

  2. FSD

    Steven Kuo Guest

    On Fri, 18 Feb 2005, FSD wrote:

    > I am using the Spreadsheet-WriteExcel-211 module to write values into a
    > spreadsheet. The module is very powerful and robust, but there is one thing
    > that I cannot seem to do. I need to open a spreadsheet daily and write
    > values to it. Not a problem, but I do not know how to append to a sheet.
    > That is, I do not know how to find the last row in the sheet and then simply
    > write to $lastrow+1. Does anyone have an idea how I can do this?
    > Thanks
    > FSD

    Spreadsheet::parseExcel defines a "Worksheet" object that
    appears to be a blessed hash reference and allows one
    to find the last row by dereferencing. E.g.,

    $oWkS->{MaxRow}

    See the documentation for Spreadsheet::parseExcel for details.
    Use it to parse the spreadsheet, then use Spreadsheet::WriteExcel
    to update the spreadsheet.

    --
    Hope this helps,
    Steven