WSE Attachments & VB6

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Graeme Anderson, Dec 20, 2003.

  1. I am using a .NET Web Service for both VB6 and .NET clients using
    stand-alone EXE's - no browser involved. To cut a long story short - who in
    their right mind would wish to install the .Net framework from the www using
    dial-up modems - our main client base?

    Anyway, the .NET version is working well, we can upload and download files
    (ZIP/EXE/PDF) with not a problem. The VB6 version is almost running, we can
    also download all files - the upload is not working.

    Here is the code in question - I have not used any WSDL or fancy code, what
    you see here is all that is used.

    It bombs out when I attempt to add the attachment - it must be something
    simple but I cannot figure it out.

    Thanks for any assistance.

    Graeme Anderson

    Set Connector = New MSSOAPLib30.HttpConnector30
    Connector.Property("EndPointURL") = WebService
    Connector.Property("SoapAction") = "http://host.com.au/UploadFile"
    Connector.BeginMessage
    Set serializer = New MSSOAPLib30.SoapSerializer30
    serializer.Init Connector.OutputStream

    m_oAttach.FileName = FileName
    serializer.AddAttachment (m_oAttach)

    serializer.StartEnvelope
    serializer.StartBody
    serializer.WriteXml "<UploadFile xmlns='http://host.com.au/'>"
    serializer.WriteXml "<UFN>" & FileName & "</UFN>"
    serializer.WriteXml "</UploadFile>"

    serializer.EndBody
    serializer.EndEnvelope

    Connector.EndMessage

    Graeme Anderson, Dec 20, 2003

  2. Don't worry, got the bugger working ...

    thanks

    Graeme A

    "Graeme Anderson" <rhinosoft@remove_before_sending_optushome.com.au> wrote
    in message news:...