WSE Attachments & VB6

Graeme Anderson

I am using a .NET Web Service for both VB6 and .NET clients using
stand-alone EXE's - no browser involved. To cut a long story short - who in
their right mind would wish to install the .Net framework from the www using
dial-up modems - our main client base?

Anyway, the .NET version is working well, we can upload and download files
(ZIP/EXE/PDF) with not a problem. The VB6 version is almost running, we can
also download all files - the upload is not working.

Here is the code in question - I have not used any WSDL or fancy code, what
you see here is all that is used.

It bombs out when I attempt to add the attachment - it must be something
simple but I cannot figure it out.

Thanks for any assistance.

Graeme Anderson

Set Connector = New MSSOAPLib30.HttpConnector30
Connector.Property("EndPointURL") = WebService
Connector.Property("SoapAction") = "http://host.com.au/UploadFile"
Connector.BeginMessage
Set serializer = New MSSOAPLib30.SoapSerializer30
serializer.Init Connector.OutputStream

m_oAttach.FileName = FileName
serializer.AddAttachment (m_oAttach)

serializer.StartEnvelope
serializer.StartBody
serializer.WriteXml "<UploadFile xmlns='http://host.com.au/'>"
serializer.WriteXml "<UFN>" & FileName & "</UFN>"
serializer.WriteXml "</UploadFile>"

serializer.EndBody
serializer.EndEnvelope

Connector.EndMessage