wx and SOAPpy interaction

alf

Hi,

there is problem when I import (python 2.4) wx and SOAPpy at the same
time. I narrowed the problem to following (on Linux):

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
ImportError:
/apps/public/python_2.4.4/lib/python2.4/lib-dynload/pyexpat.so:
undefined symbol: XML_StopParser

any insight?

Andy

Amaury Forgeot d'Arc

alf a écrit :
Hi,

there is problem when I import (python 2.4) wx and SOAPpy at the same
time. I narrowed the problem to following (on Linux):

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
ImportError:
/apps/public/python_2.4.4/lib/python2.4/lib-dynload/pyexpat.so:
undefined symbol: XML_StopParser

any insight?

It seems that the process is trying to load two versions of the "expat"
XML library:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2006-April/377070.html

The problem is that wxWidgets embeds its own copy of expat. You may have
to recompile either python or wxWidgets so that they use the same expat
version.

alf

Amaury said:
alf a écrit :

It seems that the process is trying to load two versions of the "expat"
XML library:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2006-April/377070.html

The problem is that wxWidgets embeds its own copy of expat. You may have
to recompile either python or wxWidgets so that they use the same expat
version.

For the record, on my mandriva 2006 box with wxpython and python 2.4
installed out of distribution DVD this works fine. Problem is with
python2.4 installed onsome older version of RedHad server edition.

A.