wxImage and Group 4 Tiffs?

Paradox

I am using wxImage to display Tiffs and it works great except that it
displays a message box for each unrecognized tag in the header. Is
there a way to suppress these message boxes.

Thanks Joey

max

Paradox said:
I am using wxImage to display Tiffs and it works great except that it
displays a message box for each unrecognized tag in the header. Is
there a way to suppress these message boxes.

Thanks Joey
this is what libtiff does by default on windows. you can recomplie wx's
libtiff module and change the warning handler.

Paradox

Thanks for the info but if I wanted to do that then I would just
compile libtiff into PIL. Why do you need to build python in order to
compile PIL? I get a link error trying to find all the python
libraries. Is there a way around this that doesn't involve compiling
python from source.

Thanks Joey