    displays a message box for each unrecognized tag in the header. Is
    there a way to suppress these message boxes.

    Thanks Joey

    Paradox, Sep 29, 2003

  2. Paradox

    max Guest

    Paradox wrote:
    > I am using wxImage to display Tiffs and it works great except that it
    > displays a message box for each unrecognized tag in the header. Is
    > there a way to suppress these message boxes.
    >

    > Thanks Joey

    this is what libtiff does by default on windows. you can recomplie wx's
    libtiff module and change the warning handler.

    max, Sep 29, 2003

  3. Paradox

    Paradox Guest

    Thanks for the info but if I wanted to do that then I would just
    compile libtiff into PIL. Why do you need to build python in order to
    compile PIL? I get a link error trying to find all the python
    libraries. Is there a way around this that doesn't involve compiling
    python from source.

    Thanks Joey

    Paradox, Sep 30, 2003