wxNotebook color change

mardif

Hi !

this is my problem:

I've a wxNotebook object, which contains 2 Panels.
On up, there is TAB section, I have 2 tabs.
I want to color the TAB section with ( for example ) red color.

I've tried with SetBackgroundColour() for wxNotebook object and for 2
panel inside, but it doesn't works.
why??

thx in advance!

bye

Rob Wolfe

mardif said:
Hi !

this is my problem:

I've a wxNotebook object, which contains 2 Panels.
On up, there is TAB section, I have 2 tabs.
I want to color the TAB section with ( for example ) red color.

I've tried with SetBackgroundColour() for wxNotebook object and for 2
panel inside, but it doesn't works.
why??

Presumably you forgot to refresh window. Try this:

<code>
import wx

app = wx.PySimpleApp()

frame = wx.Frame(None, -1, "Notebook")
nb = wx.Notebook(frame, -1)
form1 = wx.Panel(nb, -1)
nb.AddPage(form1, "Form1")
form2 = wx.Panel(nb, -1)
form2.SetBackgroundColour(wx.RED)
nb.AddPage(form2, "Form2")
nb.SetSelection(1)
frame.Refresh()
frame.Show(True)

app.MainLoop()
</code>

HTH,
Rob

mardif

No no!!!
Your example is OK, great!
but is not my problem:

If you set:

frame.SetBackgroundColour(wx.RED)

On unix, you can see that label "form1" and "form2" are grey, and
others elements are red.
But on Windows, on the same line of "form1" and "form2", the color is
not red, but grey as labels.

I want to color this space RED!!!

Rob Wolfe

mardif said:
If you set:

frame.SetBackgroundColour(wx.RED)

On unix, you can see that label "form1" and "form2" are grey, and
others elements are red.
But on Windows, on the same line of "form1" and "form2", the color is
not red, but grey as labels.

I want to color this space RED!!!

Oh, I see now. I don't know if that is possible on windows.
SetBackgroundColour works differently on windows than on unix,
so probably native windows widget doesn't support this feature.
(but I can be wrong of course.)

Regards,
Rob