wxPython: Notebook page content disappears when ntb. event defined

Martin Zuber

Hello,

I have found following problem: When I define event handler for
EVT_NOTEBOOK_PAGE_CHANGED for wxNotebook, the content of the wxNotebook
disappears (on all pages). For ex. I have two pages - one with some
wxTextCtrls, second with some wxGrid.

The dialog has been created using the Boa Constructor (0.2.3 and 0.2.7).
I have two files:
- SomeDialog.py - there is only look and events defined (we can say it
is something like interface, but it defines look), so there is:

def OnNotebook1NotebookPageChanged(self, event):
event.Skip()

- SomeDialog_Impl.py - here is my code, separated from the dialog look
and events

def OnNotebook1NotebookPageChanged(self, event):
doSomeMethod1()
doSomeMethod2()
doSomeMethod3()

I use Python 2.2 and wxWindows 2.4.2.4 on MS Windows (non Unicode wxPython)

Any idea?

Martin

F. GEIGER

Martin Zuber said:
[...]

That's not just an interface, the event.Skip() is necessary:

def OnNotebook1NotebookPageChanged(self, event):
doSomeMethod1()
doSomeMethod2()
doSomeMethod3()
event.Skip()