    properties, ...) which library will make my job easyer, PyQT or
    WxPython ?

    , Jun 2, 2005

  2. Robert Kern Guest

    wrote:
    > I would like to make a software like simulink:
    > http://www.mathworks.com/cmsimages/sl_mainpage_wl_7488.gif
    >
    > using python.
    > In order of bulding the interface (drag&drop block, link system between
    > the blocks, run the simulation, double click on a block to open its
    > properties, ...) which library will make my job easyer, PyQT or
    > WxPython ?

    wxPython has OGL which provides part of such an interface.

    --
    Robert Kern

    -- Richard Harter

    Robert Kern, Jun 2, 2005

    thank you.
    I am watching the exemple of OGL. Very interesting!

    , Jun 2, 2005
  4. writes:

    > I would like to make a software like simulink:
    > http://www.mathworks.com/cmsimages/sl_mainpage_wl_7488.gif
    >
    > using python.
    > In order of bulding the interface (drag&drop block, link system between
    > the blocks, run the simulation, double click on a block to open its
    > properties, ...) which library will make my job easyer, PyQT or
    > WxPython ?

    VIPER is perhaps the tool to look for
    http://www.scripps.edu/~sanner/python/viper/index.html
    Here the presentation at SciPy:
    http://www.scipy.org/documentation/Workshops/SciPy02presentations/sanner_viper.pdf
    There where some rumours that it will be released under some free License, but
    I never heared anything about that.

    I did myself a very simple visual interface based on some work of Matt
    Kimball. See http://truffaldino.sf.net
    Here I concentrated on all the stuff behind and on the simulation stuff. This
    uses wxPython for the graphical interface. That could be perhaps a starting
    point if you want to do something on your own. In my belief you would have to
    make it far more eyecandy ...

    Hope that helps a bit.
    Pierre

    --
    Remove the nospam for direct reply

    Pierre Schnizer, Jun 2, 2005
  5. Pierre Schnizer, Jun 2, 2005

    thank you,

    I checked viper, but the license is not so simple..
    I am testing your truffaldino !
    seems interesting, but I could not launch it.
    I am running:
    Python 2.3
    wxpython 2.6 (for python 2.3)
    I installed mtalib, Truffaldino, Smeraldina and nodenet.
    Also installed DSV and pygsl-0.3.1_Numeric.win32-py2.3.exe

    Then, I launch /smeraldina/gui/wxsmeraldina

    but, nothing ..
    I do not have error messages. it could import all the modules.

    Can you please help me ?

    , Jun 2, 2005