wxTimer problem

Austin

I wrote a GUI program on windows. (python & wxPython)
One function is to refresh the data from the COM Object continously.
In the beginning, I used the thread.start_new_thread(xxx,())
But no matter how i try, it will cause the win32com error.

After that, i use the wx.Timer to do the refresh function.
It works fine, but i find one problem.
I think timer should be independant, just like thread, but wxTimer doesn't.

1. Does python have timer function( not included by thread)?
2. About the wxTimer, does any parameter to let it be independent?