XBox 360 free SDK (XNA) and IronPython

Ross Ridge

Just for information I just read this BBC article about the free (as in
beer) SDK for XBOX 360 called XNA :

It's actually called the XNA Framework, and the beta only supports
Windows. The XBox 360 won't be supported until it's released.
and saw here an example of someone using IronPython:

IronPython won't work on the XBox 360.

Ross Ridge

Brian

IronPython won't work on the XBox 360.

Yup. Perhaps sometime in the future. A few weeks ago Albert Ho, MS
XNA program manager wrote the following on the MSDN XNA Game Studio
Express forum:

"Because the Xbox 360 uses a special port of the .NET CF, the LCG
method-generation functionality isn't available -- unfortunately
IronPython won't work on the Xbox 360 today. We are planning on
investigating this for future releases."