XBox 360 free SDK (XNA) and IronPython

Discussion in 'Python' started by francois.schnell@gmail.com, Sep 2, 2006.

  1. Guest

    , Sep 2, 2006

  2. Ross Ridge Guest

    Re: XBox 360 free SDK (XNA) and IronPython

    wrote:
    > Just for information I just read this BBC article about the free (as in
    > beer) SDK for XBOX 360 called XNA :

    It's actually called the XNA Framework, and the beta only supports
    Windows. The XBox 360 won't be supported until it's released.

    > and saw here an example of someone using IronPython:

    IronPython won't work on the XBox 360.

    Ross Ridge
    Ross Ridge, Sep 3, 2006

  3. Brian Guest

    Re: XBox 360 free SDK (XNA) and IronPython

    > IronPython won't work on the XBox 360.

    Yup. Perhaps sometime in the future. A few weeks ago Albert Ho, MS
    XNA program manager wrote the following on the MSDN XNA Game Studio
    Express forum:

    "Because the Xbox 360 uses a special port of the .NET CF, the LCG
    method-generation functionality isn't available -- unfortunately
    IronPython won't work on the Xbox 360 today. We are planning on
    investigating this for future releases."
    Brian, Sep 3, 2006