Xerces for C++ serializes my DOM in UTF-16

Shyamrox

Xerces for C++ serializes my DOM in UTF-16 , when I try to setEncoding
on the DOMDocument and/or the DOMWriter, it still never changes the
encoding.

Can anyone provide tips/example code on how to do this? Is it possibly
a bug with xerces 2.6?

Thank You!!
Shyam

Boris Kolpackov

Hi Shyam,

Shyamrox said:
Xerces for C++ serializes my DOM in UTF-16 , when I try to setEncoding
on the DOMDocument and/or the DOMWriter, it still never changes the
encoding.

Can anyone provide tips/example code on how to do this? Is it possibly
a bug with xerces 2.6?

Check the DOMPrint example that comes with Xerces-C++. It has an option
to set the output encoding. Last time I used it, it worked for me.

hth,
-boris

Shyamrox

Thanks!!! It worked! The difference was I was using "writeToString()"
API and not the "writeNode()" API.