Xerces parse aborted on IOError

Discussion in 'XML' started by Jim Cobban, Dec 5, 2003.

  1. Jim Cobban

    Jim Cobban Guest

    Due to a problem which I am discussing on another thread the UTF-8 text in
    my XML file is being corrupted.

    The problem that leaves me with is that as soon as the Xerces parser hits
    the bad UTF-8 character it throws:
    java.io.UTFDataFormatException: invalid byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence

    and the parse is aborted.

    This seems overkill.

    Short of going in and modifying my copy of Xerces is there any way to get it
    to keep on parsing the XML file past this error? Since this is an IOError,
    not a SAXParseException it is not reported to the ErrorHandler interface.

    --
    Jim Cobban
    34 Palomino Dr.

    Jim Cobban, Dec 5, 2003