XHTML and definition lists

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Jay, Oct 27, 2003.

  1. Jay

    Jay Guest

    In XHTML when using a definition list, should the <dd> tags be nested within
    the <dt> tags?

    IE:

    <dl>
    <dt>Title
    <dd>Definition</dd>
    <dd>Definition></dd>
    </dt>
    </dl>

    OR

    <dl>
    <dt>Title</dt>
    <dd>Definition</dd>
    <dd>Definition></dd>
    </dl>

    Thanks,

    - J

    Jay, Oct 27, 2003

  2. Jay

    Jay Guest

    I did what I should've done in the first place...try it against the
    validator. The <dd> tags do not validate when nested within the <dt> tags.

    - J

    Jay, Oct 27, 2003