XHTML + MathML + SVG validation

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Chris Chiasson, Oct 24, 2005.

  1. Chris Chiasson, Oct 24, 2005

  2. Chris  Chiasson

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Toby Inkster, Oct 24, 2005

  3. Chris  Chiasson

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, Chris Chiasson quothed:

    > Hello all,
    > Does anyone have an idea why my page
    > http://chrischiasson.com/electrochemistry does not validate (
    > http://validator.w3.org/ )? On a related note, does anyone know why
    > there is so much vertical space above and below my SVG?
    > First time poster,

    Wow, I tried validating it as html 4.01 strict and got 1,276 errors!
    That's gotta be a record. Nice going, dude!

    Seriously, the xml validator has some limitations and you're probably
    within their scope. I didn't see any figure 1 or image (or vertical
    space), but surprisingly, your formulae and equations displayed well in
    Mozilla even though it said I had to d/l a bunch of fonts to display it
    correctly. -Not in Opera, though, and IE wouldn't load the page.

    --
    Neredbojias

    Neredbojias, Oct 24, 2005
  4. The graphics would not be visible unless the user had an SVG enabled
    browser, such as Firefox 1.5 or higher.

    Chris Chiasson, Oct 25, 2005
  5. Chris  Chiasson

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, Chris Chiasson quothed:

    > The graphics would not be visible unless the user had an SVG enabled
    > browser, such as Firefox 1.5 or higher.

    Yes, I must have been using "Mozilla" before; saw the flask (and v-
    space) in FF 1.5 beta 2 fine. Sorry that I can't answer your question
    because I know zip about SVG.

    --
    Neredbojias

    Neredbojias, Oct 25, 2005