    left column doesn't jump on the next line in every td if its less than
    18%...
    thanx
    None, Apr 11, 2006

  2. None

    Paul Watt Guest

    "None" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >i get: Line 22 column 14: there is no attribute "width".
    > when i try to validate my page on w3c... but i can't figure out a way
    > to replace the width attribute. Can someone suggest something? I need
    > to keep the width to 18% of the table so that the information on the
    > left column doesn't jump on the next line in every td if its less than
    > 18%...
    > thanx

    You could use CSS

    in your style sheet;

    ..anything{
    width:18%;
    }

    in your HTML

    <TD class="anything">

    HTH
    Paul
    Paul Watt, Apr 11, 2006

  3. None

    None Guest

    thank you
    None, Apr 11, 2006
  4. None

    Andy Dingley Guest

    None wrote:
    > i get: Line 22 column 14: there is no attribute "width".
    > when i try to validate my page on w3c... but i can't figure out a way
    > to replace the width attribute. Can someone suggest something?

    No, because you didn't give us a URL to the page (which also means you
    just dived in and posted here without reading any of the newsgroup
    first)

    Without a URL we don't know what doctype you're using. At a guess
    you're using a Strict doctype which doesn't support width. Either
    switch to a transitional doctype or (better) use CSS to set the width
    instead.
    Andy Dingley, Apr 11, 2006