XHTML validation errors

None

i get: Line 22 column 14: there is no attribute "width".
when i try to validate my page on w3c... but i can't figure out a way
to replace the width attribute. Can someone suggest something? I need
to keep the width to 18% of the table so that the information on the
left column doesn't jump on the next line in every td if its less than
18%...
thanx

Paul Watt

None said:
i get: Line 22 column 14: there is no attribute "width".
when i try to validate my page on w3c... but i can't figure out a way
to replace the width attribute. Can someone suggest something? I need
to keep the width to 18% of the table so that the information on the
left column doesn't jump on the next line in every td if its less than
18%...
thanx

You could use CSS

in your style sheet;

..anything{
width:18%;
}

in your HTML

<TD class="anything">

HTH
Paul

Andy Dingley

None said:
i get: Line 22 column 14: there is no attribute "width".
when i try to validate my page on w3c... but i can't figure out a way
to replace the width attribute. Can someone suggest something?

No, because you didn't give us a URL to the page (which also means you
just dived in and posted here without reading any of the newsgroup
first)

Without a URL we don't know what doctype you're using. At a guess
you're using a Strict doctype which doesn't support width. Either
switch to a transitional doctype or (better) use CSS to set the width
instead.