XInclude Problem

Discussion in 'XML' started by stuart.kerrigan@gmail.com, Sep 2, 2008.

  1. Guest

    Greetings all,

    I have a problem in that I have a series of xml documents as follows:-

    <rubbishtags>
    <mcs:document>

    --- xml code here ----

    </mcs:document>

    I would like to use a seperate xml file to include the xml documents
    (minus the rubbish tags as they mess up my formatting) and have been
    experimenting with a page containing code as follows:-

    <xi:include href="intro/Introduction.xml" xpointer="xpointer(//
    mcs:content)" />
    <xi:include href="degree-struct/Struct.xml" xpointer="xpointer(//p)" /

    <xi:include href="degree-struct/indexNewDeg.xml" xpointer="xpointer(//
    p)" />

    While the first line gives an error, the others work but do not
    include header information etc. How do I go about giving xpointer the
    correct arguments to only look at the contents of mcs:document?

    Regards,

    Stuart

    , Sep 2, 2008