    If you answer something like; it can be as long as UTF-8 .
    Then I ask, how long can UTF-8 be in charaters?

    qa4ever
    qa4ever, Jan 30, 2005

  2. In article <KT5Ld.15647$>,
    qa4ever <> wrote:

    >How long in number of characters can a XML attribute be maximum?
    >E.g. <mystring>how many characters maximum can be here</mystring>

    That's not an attribute.

    But the answer is the same: XML does not place any limits on string
    sizes. An attribute with a trillion characters is legal.

    Libraries for accessing XML will inherit limits from their
    implementation languages, but you're more likely to run into memory
    limits on your computer.

    -- Richard
    Richard Tobin, Jan 30, 2005