XML Coding to Pop-up an ad/survey

David

Hello all -- Is it possible to code XML to launch a survey/ad when a
user clicks on a listed podcast?

In other words, you are subscribed to myfeed.xml. You click on a
podcast listing.

Is it possible for this click to also launch a popup window or a video
stream, in addition to launching the traditional audio stream?

If yes, where could I find information on how to code such a feature?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

David
www.scienceandsociety.net/podcasts

Richard Tobin

David said:
Hello all -- Is it possible to code XML to launch a survey/ad when a
user clicks on a listed podcast?

I am at a loss as to why anyone would want to help you do such a thing...

-- Richard

Peter Flynn

David said:
Hello all -- Is it possible to code XML to launch a survey/ad when a
user clicks on a listed podcast?

No. XML doesn't know anything about the environment in which it's
being used: it's just for storing information. What behaviour you
want to attach to some specific piece of information (such as a
podcast in a list) is down to the stylesheet you use, and the
features of the interface (browser, etc). XHTML _does_ have some
implicit behaviours inherited from HTML defaults, like blue links
or big bold headings, but anything else has to be specified by some
other means (stylesheet, javascript, etc).

///Peter