XML encoding of indexed property bean

Myriam Abramson

Hello,

I want to write out an XML encoded java bean with an array. I
understand that is an indexed property of the bean. Here's what I've
done below. That does not work and I do not get the values of the
array in the XML encoded output. Any ideas? thks.

import java.io.*;
import java.util.*;
import java.beans.XMLEncoder;

public class MyBean implements Serializable {

public String [] myvalues = {"Sarah", "Simbah"};

public MyBean () {
}

public String getmyvalues(int index) {
return myvalues[index];
}

public void setmyvalues (int index, String name) {
myvalues[index] = name;
}

public String [] getmyvalues () {
return myvalues;
}

public void setmyvalues (String [] elements) {
myvalues = elements;
}

public void save () throws Exception {
XMLEncoder e = new XMLEncoder
(new BufferedOutputStream(new FileOutputStream ("mybean" + ".xml")));
e.writeObject(this);
e.flush();
e.close();
}

public static void main (String [] str) throws Exception {
MyBean mb = new MyBean();
mb.save();