XML entity entry

John Trunek

I am working on a small test to merge XML documents using xml
entities. I have put my test below, and it can also be found at
http://gamma.uwplatt.edu/trunekj/xmlincludetest/test.xml. It works
fine in IE, but if I use a netscape based browser (including mozilla)
it won't merge. I'm sure I'm proably just overlooking something
simple.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE importTest [<!ENTITY includeme SYSTEM "data.xml">]>

<test>
&includeme;
</test>

Martin Honnen

John said:
I am working on a small test to merge XML documents using xml
entities. I have put my test below, and it can also be found at
http://gamma.uwplatt.edu/trunekj/xmlincludetest/test.xml. It works
fine in IE, but if I use a netscape based browser (including mozilla)
it won't merge. I'm sure I'm proably just overlooking something
simple.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE importTest [<!ENTITY includeme SYSTEM "data.xml">]>

<test>
&includeme;
</test>

Mozilla's XML parser doesn't read external DTDs or entities as far as I
know. That is allowed for a non-validating XML processor:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-xml-20040204/#sec-conformance