XML from Word -- formerly Create pdf from existing Word doc (asp.net)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Sharon, Jul 27, 2005.

  1. Sharon

    Sharon Guest

    Following up, I've found success at last with Aspose, combining both
    Aspose.Word to create an xml file, and then and Aspose.Pdf to create the
    pdf file.

    This works out to be quite a considerable additional expense, though,
    with single-licence costs of AU$790 for Aspose.Word and AU$526 for
    Aspose.Pdf.

    I've tried to use the Word-generated xml document (thinking that I might
    be able to do something with microsoft.office.interop.word) as input for
    Aspose.pdf, but Word's xml documents are about as well-formed as the
    Word-generated html!!

    So my question now is ...

    Has anyone had success exporting properly formatted xml documents
    from existing Word documents -- retaining all hyperlinks -- in a C#
    asp.net web app??

    Will also post this to microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp and

    Sharon.

    Sharon, Jul 27, 2005