xml-object mapping

Discussion in 'Python' started by Tamas Hegedus, Jul 28, 2005.

  1. Hi!

    I am looking for an xml-object mapping tool ('XML Data Binding-design
    time product') where I can define the mapping rules in 'binding files'
    and the parser is generated automatically.

    Similar to the solution of Dave Kuhlman
    (http://www.rexx.com/~dkuhlman/generateDS.html) where the mapping is
    defined in an xml file (if I am understand well).

    But I already have the target object. The xml-tags should not be used as
    a property/member name, but should be mapped to an existing object.

    (There are existing tools, but written in Java (I would prefer Python; I
    am biologist not using Java for 5 years), like JiBX
    (http://jibx.sourceforge.net), Castor (http://www.castor.org; "XML-based
    mapping file to specify bindings for existing object models"))

    Thanks for your help in advance,
    Tamas

    --
    Tamas Hegedus, PhD | phone: (1) 919-966 0329
    UNC - Biochem & Biophys | fax: (1) 919-966 5178
    Tamas Hegedus, Jul 28, 2005

  2. Tamas Hegedus

    Guest

    "I am looking for an xml-object mapping tool ('XML Data Binding-design
    time product') where I can define the mapping rules in 'binding files'
    and the parser is generated automatically.

    Similar to the solution of Dave Kuhlman
    (http://www.rexx.com/~dkuhlman/ generateDS.html) where the mapping is
    defined in an xml file (if I am understand well).

    But I already have the target object. The xml-tags should not be used
    as
    a property/member name, but should be mapped to an existing object. "

    In generateDS the mapping is not just deined in any old sort of XML
    file: it's defined in a W3C XML Schema file, which makes good sense
    (except that in my case I dislike WXS).

    Amara does not use a mapping specification: it maps automatically, and
    it allows you to specify your own classes for the mapping. This is
    discussed in the manual.

    http://uche.ogbuji.net/tech/4Suite/amara/

    --
    Uche