XML over HTTP

Tertius

Hi,

A client is *not* able to use XML-RPC but *can* send plain XML over HTTP.
I will parse the XML myself and return appropriate response.

What do I need to do / use to serve the clients request? (synchronous)

Thanks,
Tertius

Thomas Guettler

Am Thu, 16 Sep 2004 03:50:53 -0700 schrieb Tertius:
Hi,

A client is *not* able to use XML-RPC but *can* send plain XML over HTTP.
I will parse the XML myself and return appropriate response.

What do I need to do / use to serve the clients request? (synchronous)

Hi,

You need httplib to send a http-request to the server.

On the server you need some http-server. You could use
CGIHTTPServer of the standard library.

You need a cgi-script which parses the request with e.g.
the library xml.sax. This script returns a string
which will be send to the client.

You should be able to solve by only using modules
from the standard library.

Happy Programming,

Thomas

tertius

Thomas said:
Am Thu, 16 Sep 2004 03:50:53 -0700 schrieb Tertius:

Hi,

You need httplib to send a http-request to the server.

On the server you need some http-server. You could use
CGIHTTPServer of the standard library.

You need a cgi-script which parses the request with e.g.
the library xml.sax. This script returns a string
which will be send to the client.

You should be able to solve by only using modules
from the standard library.

Happy Programming,

Thomas

Thanks