    me to filter out fileds etc from the xml fields.

    Free software as well.

    All help / suggestions is gratefully appreciated.
    thelane, Nov 29, 2007

  2. Solution 1: Get an XML parser (multiple free ones exist, in multiple
    programming languages) and write an application which uses that parser
    to retrieve the data and writes it out in the appropriate formatting.
    Most XML parsers present the data as a DOM tree and/or as a SAX event
    stream; both are fairly easy to work with.

    Solution 2: Get an XSLT processor (multiple free ones exist) and write a
    stylesheet which generates the desired output for this kind of input
    document. Easier if you can think in terms of rule-driven/functional
    solutions, but may have a large learning curve if you're used to
    thinking in explicit-loop terms.

    Either way: Read a few tutorials, eg the ones at http://www.ibm.com/xml.
    What you're asking for is fairly close to standard examples.

    Joseph Kesselman, Nov 30, 2007