XML Problem

Raj Sharma

Hi Friends,
I am new to the world of XML, It looks silly but finding it
difficult to solve, Consider the following example,

<BOOK>
<AUTHOR>
<NAME> Denis </NAME>
</AUTHOR>
<AUTHOR>
<NAME> Martin </NAME>
</AUTHOR>

Martin Honnen

Raj Sharma wrote:

Consider the following example,

<BOOK>
<AUTHOR>
<NAME> Denis </NAME>
</AUTHOR>
<AUTHOR>
<NAME> Martin </NAME>
</AUTHOR>
.
.
.
</BOOK>

Now from the above, I want to pick a particular author value and
change the name, It shud not affect the other values.

DOM programming can do that but you need to tell us more what tools you
have available/want to use to solve that task. Do you want to use a
particular programming language and are looking for a DOM parser package
for the language?

Jeff Kish

Hi Friends,
I am new to the world of XML, It looks silly but finding it
difficult to solve, Consider the following example,

<BOOK>
<AUTHOR>
<NAME> Denis </NAME>
</AUTHOR>
<AUTHOR>
<NAME> Martin </NAME>
</AUTHOR>
.
.
.
</BOOK>

Now from the above, I want to pick a particular author value and
change the name, It shud not affect the other values.

Regards,

Rakesh.
Yes, I agree with the other respondent.
You need a technology allowing you to update the document.
For example xquery is read/query only... I think xpath is also.

I believe that xslt will let you write a transformation to accomplish what you
are looking for.

You also, I believe, could go the JDOM route etc.

HTH,
Jeff Kish

Raj Sharma

Martin Honnen said:
Raj Sharma wrote:

DOM programming can do that but you need to tell us more what tools you
have available/want to use to solve that task. Do you want to use a
particular programming language and are looking for a DOM parser package
for the language?

Thanks friend for ur information i am using VB & XML now tell me how to go with it.