    <AUTHOR>
    <NAME> Martin </NAME>
    </AUTHOR>
    Raj Sharma, Oct 30, 2004

  2. Raj Sharma wrote:

    > Consider the following example,
    >
    > <BOOK>
    > <AUTHOR>
    > <NAME> Denis </NAME>
    > </AUTHOR>
    > <AUTHOR>
    > <NAME> Martin </NAME>
    > </AUTHOR>
    > .
    > </BOOK>
    >
    > Now from the above, I want to pick a particular author value and
    > change the name, It shud not affect the other values.

    DOM programming can do that but you need to tell us more what tools you
    have available/want to use to solve that task. Do you want to use a
    particular programming language and are looking for a DOM parser package
    for the language?

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/
    Martin Honnen, Oct 30, 2004

  3. Raj Sharma

    Jeff Kish Guest

    On 29 Oct 2004 22:37:01 -0700, (Raj Sharma) wrote:

    >Hi Friends,
    > I am new to the world of XML, It looks silly but finding it
    >difficult to solve, Consider the following example,
    >
    ><BOOK>
    > <AUTHOR>
    > <NAME> Denis </NAME>
    > </AUTHOR>
    > <AUTHOR>
    > <NAME> Martin </NAME>
    > </AUTHOR>
    > .
    > .
    > .
    ></BOOK>
    >
    >Now from the above, I want to pick a particular author value and
    >change the name, It shud not affect the other values.
    >

    >Regards,
    >

    >Rakesh.

    Yes, I agree with the other respondent.
    You need a technology allowing you to update the document.
    For example xquery is read/query only... I think xpath is also.

    I believe that xslt will let you write a transformation to accomplish what you
    are looking for.

    You also, I believe, could go the JDOM route etc.

    HTH,
    Jeff Kish
    Jeff Kish, Nov 1, 2004
  4. Raj Sharma

    Raj Sharma Guest

    Martin Honnen <> wrote in message news:<4183859a$0$20941$-online.net>...
    > Raj Sharma wrote:
    >

    > > Consider the following example,
    > >
    > > <BOOK>
    > > <AUTHOR>
    > > <NAME> Denis </NAME>
    > > </AUTHOR>
    > > <AUTHOR>
    > > <NAME> Martin </NAME>
    > > </AUTHOR>
    > > .
    > > .
    > > .
    > > </BOOK>
    > >
    > > Now from the above, I want to pick a particular author value and
    > > change the name, It shud not affect the other values.

    > DOM programming can do that but you need to tell us more what tools you
    > have available/want to use to solve that task. Do you want to use a
    > particular programming language and are looking for a DOM parser package
    > for the language?

    Thanks friend for ur information i am using VB & XML now tell me how to go with it.
    Raj Sharma, Nov 4, 2004