XML serialization(SOAP)

Tony Johansson

Hello!

I'm reading in a book and it says the following about XML Serialization:
- Support only limited data types
- Is portable to other languages, notably Java

Now to my question if it only support a limited data type how is that solved
?
I mean if I use web services then all data is serialized using XML according
to the SOAP protocol
between the proxy(client) and the web service.

I assume that this will cause problem if I use some data type that is not
supported by the XML serialization.
What kind of data types is not supported by the XML serialization ?

//Tony