XML Viewer needed

Bryan

Hi,

I am looking for a free, non-tech, XML viewer and editor. This would be
for customers with no knowledge of XML, so they can edit elements and
values.

The best would be something that doesn't allow attribute editing,
displays XML docs in a non-code fashion, and can use a schema to enforce
the document format.

Can anyone throw out a few product names that might be suited for this?

Thanks,
Bryan

Stan Kitsis [MSFT]

Microsoft Office Word

--
Stan Kitsis
Program Manager, XML Technologies

David Håsäther

Bryan said:
I am looking for a free, non-tech, XML viewer and editor.
[...]

The best would be something that doesn't allow attribute editing,
displays XML docs in a non-code fashion, and can use a schema to
enforce the document format.

Can anyone throw out a few product names that might be suited for
this?

xmloperator[1] maybe. Open source structure editor ("non-code") that
supports RELAX NG schemas (and DTDs). From the look of it, it seems
to fit rather good.

I haven't actually used it myself, so I cannot comment on how it is
working with it.

http://www.xmloperator.net/

Peter Flynn

Bryan said:
Hi,

I am looking for a free, non-tech, XML viewer and editor. This would be
for customers with no knowledge of XML, so they can edit elements and
values.

Is this for regular text documents or for tabular data?
The best would be something that doesn't allow attribute editing,
displays XML docs in a non-code fashion, and can use a schema to enforce
the document format.

See the FAQ at http://xml.silmaril.ie/developers/software/#editors

///Peter

Manuel Collado

Bryan escribió:
Hi,

I am looking for a free, non-tech, XML viewer and editor. This would be
for customers with no knowledge of XML, so they can edit elements and
values.

The best would be something that doesn't allow attribute editing,
displays XML docs in a non-code fashion, and can use a schema to enforce
the document format.

Can anyone throw out a few product names that might be suited for this?

Morphon (free): http://www.morphon.com/
XXE (commercial and free for personal use): http://www.xmlmind.com/

For non-technical customers, they will require some specific
customization (writing specific CSS style sheets)
Thanks,
Bryan

Hope this helps,