XMLHttpRequest on a MAC's IE browser?

Guest

I am trying to use XMLHttpRequest on the IE browser of a MAC machine. It
throws me a javascript error which reads as "Object doesn't support this
action" while trying to create an instance of the XMLHttpRequest object using
new ActiveXObject('Microsoft.XMLHTTP')

So IE/MAC does not support ActiveX technology? Did anyone encounter this
problem?

Thanks!!!

Mats Lycken

I'm pretty sure that ActiveX only works in IE on windows. You can get it
to work in Firefox also, but it's windows only anyway.
Are you trying to do some AJAX stuff? Check out some of the libs to see
how they do it. There is a .NET framework for AJAX here.
http://ajax.schwarz-interactive.de/csharpsample/default.aspx

btw, and alternative to XMLHttpRequest is to use an IFrame object
instead to do the postback without refreshing the whole page.

Best regards,
Mats

Pramod Anchuparayil

Also in ASP.NET 2.0 you might want to look client side callbacks using
ICallbackEventHandler, works on all platforms.