XSL & CSS Cross Browser Compat Question.

SeanInSeattle

Hey all. I'm working on a fairly large XSL file along with an
external css file for my xml data. I'm running into cross browser
issues. The code below works in IE, but not in Firefox 3.0. Any
thoughts on why it doesn't work in Firefox 3.0?

Code:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="reportStyle.css" type="text/css"/>

SeanInSeattle

By the way: The example code above is in the XSL.

Code:
	<!-- // Primary Template // -->
	<xsl:template match="/">
			<head>
				<title>Title</title>
				<!-- external css for IE -->
				<link rel="stylesheet" href="reportStyle.css" type="text/css"/>
			</head>
					<xsl:value-of select="/"/>
	</xsl:template>

Peter Flynn

SeanInSeattle said:
By the way: The example code above is in the XSL.
<!-- external css for IE -->
<link rel="stylesheet" href="reportStyle.css" type="text/css"/>

To check that it is loading correctly in FF, install the WebDeveloper
toolbar and click on View CSS.

The fact that you have commented this line "external css for IE" makes
me wonder if perhaps it's the CSS itself which is causing the problem,
not the loading of the reportStyle.css file. Neither browser implements
all of CSS2, and the bits they do implement are sometimes done
differently. Writing cross-browser CSS is a black art :)

(It would have been useful if both Microsoft and Mozilla had bothered to
read the fine documentation and learn something about document
engineering before starting to implement CSS in the first place, but
that was never going to happen, alas.)

///Peter