XSL-FO Page Breaks in Nested Tables

Joseph Ferris

Hello,

I am having an issue with page breaking that I hope someone will be
able to help me with. Still a relative "newbie", and I thought this
might be a good place to find some help. I have a complex FO that
contains nested tables. There are a few places where my breaks are not
being rendered, although other ones work fine. I've made an FO that
can reproduce this behavior. It is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<fo:layout-master-set>
<fo:simple-page-master master-name="many" page-width="11in"
page-height="8.5in">
<fo:region-body region-name="xsl-region-body" margin=".5in"/>
<fo:region-before region-name="xsl-region-before" extent="0.5in"/>
<fo:region-after region-name="xsl-region-after" extent="0.5in"/>
</fo:simple-page-master>
<fo:page-sequence-master master-name="many-pages">
<fo:repeatable-page-master-reference master-reference="many"/>
</fo:page-sequence-master>
</fo:layout-master-set>
<fo:page-sequence master-reference="many-pages"
initial-page-number="1">
<fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
<fo:block font-family="sans-serif" font-size="6pt">
<fo:table>
<fo:table-body>
<fo:table-row>
<fo:table-cell>
<fo:block>
<fo:table>
<fo:table-row>
<fo:table-cell>
<fo:block>Page Item 1</fo:block>
</fo:table-cell>
</fo:table-row>
<fo:table-row>
<fo:table-cell>
<fo:block>
<fo:table>
<fo:table-row>
<fo:table-cell>
<fo:block>Detail 1A</fo:block>
</fo:table-cell>
</fo:table-row>
<fo:table-row>
<fo:table-cell>
<fo:block>Detail 1B</fo:block>
</fo:table-cell>
</fo:table-row>
</fo:table>
</fo:block>
</fo:table-cell>
</fo:table-row>
<fo:table-row break-before="page">
<fo:table-cell>
<fo:block>Page Item 2</fo:block>
</fo:table-cell>
</fo:table-row>
<fo:table-row>
<fo:table-cell>
<fo:block>
<fo:table>
<fo:table-row>
<fo:table-cell>
<fo:block>Detail 2A</fo:block>
</fo:table-cell>
</fo:table-row>
<fo:table-row>
<fo:table-cell>
<fo:block>Detail 2B</fo:block>
</fo:table-cell>
</fo:table-row>
</fo:table>
</fo:block>
</fo:table-cell>
</fo:table-row>
</fo:table>
</fo:block>
</fo:table-cell>
</fo:table-row>
</fo:table-body>
</fo:table>
</fo:block>
</fo:flow>
</fo:page-sequence>
</fo:root>

For this example, I would want it to produce two seperate pages. The
first with:

Page Item 1
Detail 1A
Detail 1B

And a second:

Page Item 2
Detail 2A
Detail 2B

Unfortunately, all of these items appear on a single page.

If at all possible, I would like to keep the structure as close to what
it is now as possible. Not that I like the way that it is layed out,
but I want to minimize risk to other data that the XSLT is run through
to produce this FO.

Also, I am using Ibex as a processor, if that is of help to anyone.

Thank you for your time!

Joseph

Joseph Ferris

I was able to correct the issue with help of the vendor for my
processor. By migrating to the most current release of Ibex's PDF
Creator 3.3.0, this issue has been eliminated.

Thank you!

Joseph