XSL-FO Page Breaks in Nested Tables

Discussion in 'XML' started by Joseph Ferris, Apr 6, 2005.

  1. Hello,

    I am having an issue with page breaking that I hope someone will be
    able to help me with. Still a relative "newbie", and I thought this
    might be a good place to find some help. I have a complex FO that
    contains nested tables. There are a few places where my breaks are not
    being rendered, although other ones work fine. I've made an FO that
    can reproduce this behavior. It is:

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <fo:layout-master-set>
    <fo:simple-page-master master-name="many" page-width="11in"
    page-height="8.5in">
    <fo:region-body region-name="xsl-region-body" margin=".5in"/>
    <fo:region-before region-name="xsl-region-before" extent="0.5in"/>
    <fo:region-after region-name="xsl-region-after" extent="0.5in"/>
    </fo:simple-page-master>
    <fo:page-sequence-master master-name="many-pages">
    <fo:repeatable-page-master-reference master-reference="many"/>
    </fo:page-sequence-master>
    </fo:layout-master-set>
    <fo:page-sequence master-reference="many-pages"
    initial-page-number="1">
    <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
    <fo:block font-family="sans-serif" font-size="6pt">
    <fo:table>
    <fo:table-body>
    <fo:table-row>
    <fo:table-cell>
    <fo:block>
    <fo:table>
    <fo:table-row>
    <fo:table-cell>
    <fo:block>Page Item 1</fo:block>
    </fo:table-cell>
    </fo:table-row>
    <fo:table-row>
    <fo:table-cell>
    <fo:block>
    <fo:table>
    <fo:table-row>
    <fo:table-cell>
    <fo:block>Detail 1A</fo:block>
    </fo:table-cell>
    </fo:table-row>
    <fo:table-row>
    <fo:table-cell>
    <fo:block>Detail 1B</fo:block>
    </fo:table-cell>
    </fo:table-row>
    </fo:table>
    </fo:block>
    </fo:table-cell>
    </fo:table-row>
    <fo:table-row break-before="page">
    <fo:table-cell>
    <fo:block>Page Item 2</fo:block>
    </fo:table-cell>
    </fo:table-row>
    <fo:table-row>
    <fo:table-cell>
    <fo:block>
    <fo:table>
    <fo:table-row>
    <fo:table-cell>
    <fo:block>Detail 2A</fo:block>
    </fo:table-cell>
    </fo:table-row>
    <fo:table-row>
    <fo:table-cell>
    <fo:block>Detail 2B</fo:block>
    </fo:table-cell>
    </fo:table-row>
    </fo:table>
    </fo:block>
    </fo:table-cell>
    </fo:table-row>
    </fo:table>
    </fo:block>
    </fo:table-cell>
    </fo:table-row>
    </fo:table-body>
    </fo:table>
    </fo:block>
    </fo:flow>
    </fo:page-sequence>
    </fo:root>

    For this example, I would want it to produce two seperate pages. The
    first with:

    Page Item 1
    Detail 1A
    Detail 1B

    And a second:

    Page Item 2
    Detail 2A
    Detail 2B

    Unfortunately, all of these items appear on a single page.

    If at all possible, I would like to keep the structure as close to what
    it is now as possible. Not that I like the way that it is layed out,
    but I want to minimize risk to other data that the XSLT is run through
    to produce this FO.

    Also, I am using Ibex as a processor, if that is of help to anyone.

    Thank you for your time!

    Joseph
    Joseph Ferris, Apr 6, 2005

  2. I was able to correct the issue with help of the vendor for my
    processor. By migrating to the most current release of Ibex's PDF
    Creator 3.3.0, this issue has been eliminated.

    Thank you!

    Joseph
    Joseph Ferris, Apr 6, 2005