Yet Another ... ImportError: No module named sax

Discussion in 'Python' started by Adam Jack, Aug 8, 2003.

  1. Adam Jack

    Adam Jack Guest

    Hello.

    I am on W2K w/ ActiveStart Python 2.2.2 build 224. This was working, but
    seems to have stopped and won't start again...

    Yesterday I read Python tutorials/manuals and today I am tinkering with my
    first program & hacking somebody else's program. I was putzing along quite
    happily and then I created an xml.py. Immediately things starting going
    wrong, see below, so I renamed it to xmlutils.py but I still get the error.
    I've cleaned up any *.pyc files I see, but it seems that somehow I've taught
    my environment about my xml (which no longer exists) in favour of the system
    one. Is this possible? I've not changed my path or anything. Could this be
    some sort of registry/optimisation thing?

    :\data\OSS\jakarta-gump\python>python gump/exec.py
    raceback (most recent call last):
    File "gump/exec.py", line 71, in ?
    from gump.conf import *
    File "F:\data\OSS\jakarta-gump\python\gump\__init__.py", line 94, in ?
    from xml.sax import parse
    ImportError: No module named sax

    Any thoughts on how I make this work again?

    regards

    Adam

    Adam Jack, Aug 8, 2003