yow

Phil Carmody

Not that it's really important, but I notice that M-x yow
always returns the same quotation. Is that a bug, or am
I doing it wrong?

Phil

Ian Collins

Phil said:
Not that it's really important, but I notice that M-x yow
always returns the same quotation. Is that a bug, or am
I doing it wrong?
Have you been on the turps again Phil?

You're doing it wrong!

Try comp.how.to.configure.phils.emacs

Phil Carmody

Ian Collins said:
Have you been on the turps again Phil?

Saaremaa Tume, Left Hand Milk Stout, and Slaapmutske Tripel,
for reference.
You're doing it wrong!

Try comp.how.to.configure.phils.emacs

You're lucky you didn't get both the logs from the debugging
runs from my latest number-crunching code, and also some
veeeeery off-topic statements destined for IRC.

I need to work out which window's which, and when I've done
that, I'll get the post to the right newsgroup.

Sorry!
Phil

Phil Carmody

Ian Collins said:
Have you been on the turps again Phil?

You're doing it wrong!

Try comp.how.to.configure.phils.emacs

Oh god, I've just remembered - you've seen me after too many beers...

Phil

Richard Bos

Phil Carmody said:
Saaremaa Tume, Left Hand Milk Stout,

Coincidentally, I bought one of those recently. Haven't opened it yet;
I've been drinking bocks lately, of course. What's it like? Does it
really taste of milk?

Richard

Phil Carmody

Coincidentally, I bought one of those recently. Haven't opened it yet;
I've been drinking bocks lately, of course.

At the festival in Amsterdam, I hope. The Cracked Kettle has just
received a large order of bocks...
What's it like? Does it really taste of milk?

Not at all. The 'milk' in the name is because some of the
fermentable sugars in the wort were lactose. Normal brewing
yeast can't ferment that, so it remains in the final beer.
So it's sweeter and more full-bodied than it would be if the
sugars had been fermented. More calories too, but I don't
recommend combining the habits of calorie counting and beer
drinking, unless you're actively aiming for high numbers.
In the UK it's no longer legal to call such a stout a "milk"
stout. I think "sweet stout" is the prefered name.

Is it possible to get more OT?

Phil

Kenny McCormack

interesting stuff (seriously!) that is, alas, verboten in CLC, leading
up to:
In the UK it's no longer legal to call such a stout a "milk"
stout. I think "sweet stout" is the prefered name.

Is it possible to get more OT?

Now where are KT and CBF when you need them???

Richard Bos

Phil Carmody said:
At the festival in Amsterdam, I hope.

No, at home. I don't drink and drive, and I'd have to to get home.
Not at all. The 'milk' in the name is because some of the
fermentable sugars in the wort were lactose. Normal brewing
yeast can't ferment that, so it remains in the final beer.

I see.
Is it possible to get more OT?

Yes (though, admittedly, not much): beer is good for when the
programming has got too much to handle :)

Richard