    --
    ich denke
    also spinn ich.
    Olaf Salchow, Oct 14, 2003

  2. That's something which is used by Zope. :)
    And "Z" is the last letter in the English alphabet. ;)

    Miklós

    Jegenye 2001 Bt, Oct 14, 2003

  3. Olaf Salchow

    Peter Hansen Guest

    Olaf Salchow wrote:

    > i have a little bit a dumb question. I am searching for the meaning of the Z
    > in ZOPE. From google i know that ZOPE means "Z Object Publishing
    > Environment", but then the question rises: what is a Z Object?

    Don't read it as "a Z-Object Publishing Environment", but rather as
    "the Z Object-Publishing-Environment".

    In other words, the "Z" binds to the whole phrase, not just to the
    word "Object".

    (Translation: it's just a letter... )

    -Peter
    Peter Hansen, Oct 14, 2003
  4. Olaf Salchow

    John J. Lee Guest

    Olaf Salchow <-magdeburg.de> writes:

    > i have a little bit a dumb question. I am searching for the meaning of the Z
    > in ZOPE. From google i know that ZOPE means "Z Object Publishing

    [...]

    I'd always assumed it stood for 'ZOPE', in the GNU tradition.

    John
    John J. Lee, Oct 14, 2003
  5. That's an equally good resolution, I think. ;) Or even better. lol

    Zope is "Zope Object Publishing Environment"

    All in all, Z stands for no particular thing. And that's fine. :)

    Best,
    Miklós

    Jegenye 2001 Bt, Oct 14, 2003
  6. miklos> All in all, Z stands for no particular thing. And that's fine. :)

    I always thought it was that just like 'Z' is the last letter in the
    alphabet, 'ZOPE' will be the last Object Publishing Environment you'll need.

    Skip
    Skip Montanaro, Oct 14, 2003
  7. right ...and every(abled)body should decide themselves if you mean that as
    "the ultimate one" or "the last one to choose"... :))

    Miklós

    Skip Montanaro <> wrote in message

    > miklos> All in all, Z stands for no particular thing. And that's fine.

    :)

    Jegenye 2001 Bt, Oct 14, 2003
  8. right ...and every(abled)body should decide themselves if you mean that as

    Jegenye 2001 Bt, Oct 14, 2003
  9. Olaf Salchow

    Bart Simpson Guest

    I heard ZOPE was just last .com domain of 4-characters at that time. :)

    I think Z would not have special meaning.

    Bart Simpson, Oct 15, 2003
  10. Olaf Salchow

    Max M Guest

    Olaf Salchow wrote:

    > i have a little bit a dumb question. I am searching for the meaning of the Z
    > in ZOPE. From google i know that ZOPE means "Z Object Publishing
    > Environment", but then the question rises: what is a Z Object?

    It's the shape of the learning curve when trying to grok it.

    regards Max M
    Max M, Oct 15, 2003
  11. Olaf Salchow

    Olaf Salchow Guest

    Olaf Salchow wrote:

    Hi, ZOPE-gurus

    Thanks to all for the clarification of that subjects.
    I wonder, if this is a kind of FAQ allready.

    happy coding
    Olaf
    Olaf Salchow, Oct 15, 2003