z-index change onclick event

mark

is it possible to change an elements Z-INDEX value on an onclick event in
codebehind ?

id like to change the posistion of a datagrid once a button has been pressed

cheers

mark

Kevin Spencer

As Z-INDEX is a style attribute, yes, it is.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

Karl

The only thing I can think of is that you do datagrid.style.add("z-index",
555); in the click event. it will apply the style to the <table tag
representing your grid.

Karl

mortb

This is just an idea, sort of a hack

DataGrid dg

oldstyle = dg.Attributes["style"];
dg.Attributes["style"] = changeZindexValue(oldStyle, newZindexValue);

The datagrid is renered as a table, perhaps you can use
dg.Attributes["style"]; to get the style string of the table.
Then you have to write the changeZindexValue function to repalce "z-index:
XX" with something different

just ideas, I don't know if it'd work

mark

Karl said:
The only thing I can think of is that you do datagrid.style.add("z-index",
555); in the click event. it will apply the style to the <table tag
representing your grid.

Karl

thanks!

it adds the style but doesnt appear to do anything, im thinking its because
the datagrid is inside a table,

ill try a few things

mark