ZEO client hangs when combined with other asyncore code

Discussion in 'Python' started by Paul Boots, Jun 21, 2005.

  1. Paul Boots

    Paul Boots Guest

    Dear people,

    We have an application that makes use of a ZEO client and has other async socket code that implements
    as POP3 proxy. The ZEO client is called (to query and store ZEO server) from within the proxy code when it runs during mail checks, so we have multiple async connections at the same time.

    Somehow, a call to the ZEO client never returns, it just hangs and sits there.

    In an attempt to fix this problem we added code to use a different socket map for the proxy objects,
    the ZEO client uses the default asyncore socket_map. But that did NOT solve our problem.

    At this point we are clueless to the reason behind this behaviour and hope that anyone on this
    list has some ideas or similar experiences.

    I realize this is a very terse description of our application, when necessary I can elaborate.

    --
    Best regards,
    Paul Boots

    Paul Boots, Jun 21, 2005